Saturday, April 28, 2012

Wave Hill

The Weekday Cyclists went to Wave Hill in the Bronx on Thursday.  This was my second day trip with the group.  The anxiety is getting lower but only because of the organization of the group.  We ride single file following traffic rules and with a Point, Drop, Sweep system that takes care of everyone.  Thank you leaders! I am hardly confident enough to do any of the PDS tasks, however.  The bike lanes are there or at least arrows marked on the road.  It takes experience to figure them out.  We rode north from the Central Park, through Harlem, along side the Harlem River and under over-passes that make me think of a novel or TV cop show. 

 The gallery show was the work of the current artists-in-residence.  These pieces really took my heart.  They are at least 16"h - 12"d, brilliant color and motif, and in several sets.

 Hello Hudson River!  We had friends in the late '60s who lived at Wave Hill with their 4 children.  I remember a party there with a bowling alley in the house. 
There are beautiful gardens for strolling, a conservatory and a visitors center.  The main house is closed for restoration. An electrical problem had temporarily closed the dining area for the day.  Trudy managed to convince the manager and gateman that we should order out our food and have it delivered to the gate house, rather than leave the property for lunch. Nice picnic!

1 comment:

  1. I love Wave Hill!! I go there any time I get the chance. Glad to see you're having a great time.

    ReplyDelete