Thursday, April 5, 2012

Tulips and a beautiful day

There is a cut through path to 90th Street so I just had to walk through our garden every time I went someplace yesterday. A few hours of the afternoon was also spent there reading while the laundry was washing and drying.

Carl and I went to the monthly SciCafe at AMNH in the evening. This month was an interesting public talk on biodiversity, complete with wine and drinks. The museum does an impressive amount of public outreach and people come.
On the way home we grabbed our chance at Shake Shack since this was the FIRST time there was not a line around the corner to get in. While waiting for our food order we befriended a couple probably our age from Minnesota who were visiting their daughter. If one lives long enough there is usually a connection to be found with anyone. They lived in Ocean Beach when we lived in Pacific Beach. We all love Minnesota. It was enjoyable to share our dinner together.

1 comment:

  1. Kathy, it is so fun to read about your adventures. It almost makes me want to visit NYC. Almost. I would go if you were my guide. I think it would be fun to see the city through an experienced guide's eyes.

    It makes me happy to read that this is a magical time.

    Sending you a big hug.

    ReplyDelete