The dark does not destroy the light; it defines it. It's our fear of the dark that casts our joy into the shadows.
~ Brené Brown, The Gifts of Imperfection
We are all made of both strength and struggle; light and dark. Our culture asks us to push down our imperfections, fears and vulnerabilities so that we can "be happy" and, more importantly,
make those around us comfortable. But when we deny our struggle, we sacrifice a part of our hearts and joy becomes even more elusive. This week open yourself up to the idea the foundation of Wholehearted Living is wholeness.
Question to consider: Where can you be more transparent about your struggle this week? Let just one person in this week for the sake of your whole heart.
My day started with this quote from Brene Brown. I was a bit rattled by it reminding me of the time I spend in the make everyone happy mode. However this blog is making ME happy, reminding me of the choices I can make to craft my day, reminding me that I have the opportunity and luxury to take this time of exploration and to feed on the AWE of what I find in this marvelous city. I think of myself pretty much as a "glass half full" type of person but I do need your support for when the glass is emptying.
My day then proceed to overflow:
1. An amazing yoga class at the 92Y,
2. free tickets from Allan and Sharon to SOFA at the Park Avenue Armory - the building where they stored the arms for the Civil War plus an over the top exhibition of sculpture and fine art ($2k-$50K range),
3. meeting at All Souls where we discussed transcendence
4. a pot-luck dinner with Carl and the Weekday Cyclists at a member's loft in the Village.
and now I am frustrated because the format of this blog has changed and I cannot figure out how to manage it as in the past...........

Beautiful, beautiful images from your words and photos. Thank you for this, Kathy.
ReplyDelete