Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Turning the corner?

;( All of sudden it feels like the end of this magical time is nearing. IT ISN"T. In reality the end is nearer than the beginning but..... barely halfway. I am spending more time living than exploring in awe or trying to figure out how to navigate some new task. I know where I am going and how to get there. I feel like a new yorker. This doesn't say much for me about being in the moment does it? Don't get me wrong, the awe factor is still strong. This melancholia was brought on by having the landlord ask me to show the apartment to a potential tenant from UCLA last weekend! Who, btw, had lived in Ithaca for 13 years! Yesterday, three new listings came on the market in Ithaca that had been mine when purchased and I was thrilled to see their updates. I then spent the evening with my niece, her friend and their realtor while they picked out a NYC apartment. It was clear they had their senior year mission worked out and were ready for a new adventure outside the NYU dorms. I was there for moral support and presence only. Today I need to plan with the 2011 taxes in mind, gathering info on LTC insurance and a bike ride around the park. It is a beautiful day. As Galen would say, "This is the day we are given; let us rejoice and be glad in it".

No comments:

Post a Comment