THE STEINS COLLECT may in fact be my most favorite exhibit, ever, or maybe I should say so far? I love Pairs, I love their era, and I love the Impressionists. The audio tour was a peek into the lives of Leo, Gertrude, Michael and Sarah. Oh, I would have loved a secret life in those times.
Thursday evening we had tickets to a conversation at the 92Y. "RUNNING IN HEELS; WHERE ARE THE WOMEN CANDIDATES FOR 2012 AND HOW CAN WE GET MORE OF THEM? This was moderated by Chelsea Clinton. The panel included Sandra Fluke; for her position at Georgetown Law School not as Rush Limbaugh's hate target, Amy Holmes; former speech writer for Bill Frist, Abby Huntsman Livingston; ABC News in DC and media advisor for her father's presidential campaign, Christine Quinn; NYC Council Speaker and perhaps the next Mayor, Stephanie Schriock; President of Emily's List and Nicolle Wallace; former communications chief for G.W. Bush administration and senior advisor for McCain-Palin campaign. This was an impressive group of 30 somethings. The "HEELS" issue keeps coming up, doesn't it? I do not know anyone who can run in heels but 5 out of 7 were wearing them. One in flats and Chelsea with her foot in a cast. Maybe that is the female problem, being sexy and powerful but tethered? I would like to analyze the points made in this talk and compare them to the points from a women's rap group of 1970. My gut says it is the same talk, just different shoes.
No comments:
Post a Comment