Weekday Cyclists ride to the NY Botanical Gardens. Let me think this out. If Trudy says we do not bike with 70% chance of rain and the weather report says there is a 30% chance of rain and it is schvitzing a bit when I leave the house at 9:30am, but 7 people show up at the boat house and we ride in the 100% rain coming down, did we have fun? Yes! We came home on the D train and I carried my bike up all of the steps like I am strong and knew what I was doing?!?!?
Susan, a new rider to the group showed up to ride in the rain. By 3pm on the subway ride home while making Ithaca connections this is what we came up with. She loves Ithaca, has visited a lot. Her daughter went to Cornell and her sister did a PhD in Animal Behavior back in the 60's with a bird/bat person whose last name starts with a B who moved to Palo Alto. She had visited her sister at Trinidad field station and Turpins cottages in Tobago. I knew all of the pieces, she just had the California city wrong! I love small world stories but Carl does not understand how the connections happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment