While shopping bike gear for the 5 Boro Ride, a clerk in REI mentioned there was a group who rode in Central Park and they were not young. That Tuesday I found the Weekday Cyclists. Tuesday morning meeting was at the Loeb Boathouse with a few spins around the Park plus coffee and conversation. Thursdays are a planned adventure ride. It has been one of the great wonders from my 6 months in NYC.
I want to thank Trudy and Ann for their love of bike riding, their knowledge of the city and its surrounds, and their perseverance to herd cats. The Weekday Cyclists was a great joy to me during our sabbatical. I found your riding group welcoming, friendly and interesting. Thank you all for your encouragement and teaching me safe riding in the city! I learned a lot. You are also terrific cooks.
 |
No comments:
Post a Comment