Shakespeare in the Park is another gift to the lucky people of this city. It can be a full time job to get the free tickets however. There is a daily, on-line lottery. One can also go to the box office of Delacorte Theatre and get first-come-first-serve tickets. I have met people who go with a lawn chair and snack at 7am. It can be a very convivial experience. Another option is the stand-by line for tickets that are not picked up by 7pm.
While trying daily, we did win the on-line lottery ticket. Tuesday was an additional performance and I think it was not on a lot of peoples' radar. The email message suggested that I call the box office to check how many line tickets were left. I walked over and got two! I was not suppose to take photos but I could not resist - we are sitting at the next to last row! We made a picnic for the park from the refrigerator leftovers and a water bottle full of the remaining Manhattan supplies.

No comments:
Post a Comment