Sunday, June 3, 2012

59th Street Bridge view of Rockefeller University

I know it is not possible to capture 6 years of memories from working at Rockefeller, but I loved stopping on the bridge and taking this photo from my bike.  



Thursday was another adventure trip with the Weekday Cyclists to the Queens County Farm Museum Park - almost to Great Neck! I sometimes wonder about the thrill of biking 50 miles to see a real farm with lettuce, goats, radishes, and chickens.  This is 47 acres owned by the city of NY, continuously farmed since 1697, yes, 1697!  It was a beautiful day, sunny and warm, and a long ride.  I was reaching my limit of enjoyment 2/3 of the way home, when we passed LaGuardia Airport.  Fortunately, Trudy hailed an ice cream truck and we took a break.  In a very few weeks I will be back in the midsts of our own beautiful farmland.

No comments:

Post a Comment