I left the comfort of "my" upper west side today to visit the two galleries showing the newly discovered work of photographer Vivian Maier. Howard Greenberg gallery on E. 57th is showing one collection and the Kasher Gallery in Chelsea is showing another. This is a story to be followed: Vivian Maier (1926 - 2009) worked as a nanny in Chicago and New York, taking photos in her spare time. Her prints and negatives, never being published or exhibited, were found in an auctioned (for non-payment) storage locker. I felt the need for more lipstick and maybe not my sneakers while on Fifth Avenue.
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Fifth Avenue
I left the comfort of "my" upper west side today to visit the two galleries showing the newly discovered work of photographer Vivian Maier. Howard Greenberg gallery on E. 57th is showing one collection and the Kasher Gallery in Chelsea is showing another. This is a story to be followed: Vivian Maier (1926 - 2009) worked as a nanny in Chicago and New York, taking photos in her spare time. Her prints and negatives, never being published or exhibited, were found in an auctioned (for non-payment) storage locker. I felt the need for more lipstick and maybe not my sneakers while on Fifth Avenue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment